Saturday, April 9, 2011

March Update

We are back on track with the de-clutter effort.  The party hosting is over, the bookshelves are in, and we are back to clearing out clutter.   When I started this year, I said that I would get rid of two things for every one item I brought in the house.  I haven’t really stuck to that too well. It is just too much to keep track of to be honest.  Once I get my house all streamlined, I’ll be better about the one-in-two-out rule.  Right now, I am opting to stick to the one item every day which also requires a little flexibility.  I don’t really get rid of something every day.  Generally I have one or two mini clean out sessions a week when I get rid of several things.

This month we mostly focused on putting the fall and winter clothes away and getting out our spring stuff.  In January I decided that I would wear every item in my work wardrobe.  If I dreaded wearing a particular item, it came out of the closet.  If I got home and was cranky because something itched, didn’t fit right or bugged me all day, it didn’t go back in the closet.  Then there was my husband’s closet clean out that I detailed in an earlier post.   All in all we got rid of 70 items this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment