Monday, August 29, 2011

Consignment Sale Time

I'm in a bit of a frenzy getting stuff together for a local semi-annual consignment sale.  Normally I take stuff to my local consignment shop.  I like it because I drop it off and they give it the yay or nay.  After that it is their problem to price and sell.  If it doesn't sell it gets donated so I never have to see it again.  I get 55% of the sale price. 

The store can be pretty picky about the brands, age, condition, etc..  I have some stuff from discount stores that my consignment shop will not accept.  Also, I still have maternity clothes from when I was pregnant with my now kindergartener.  (This is an entire post on its own.)  I don't know of a fixed-base store locally that accepts maternity clothes.  So as much as I don't like the idea of stockpiling, I have been rounding up and tagging items for the sale that happens in mid-September.  Thus far there are 97 items waiting to be sold.  I think I need to round up three more so I can say that I got rid of a nice round 100 items.  Tomorrow I will raid my daughter's toy box and closet one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment