Saturday, August 27, 2011

Stuffed Animal Overload


My 5 year old loves her stuffed animals (or snugglies), and she has tons of them.  She has so many that she can’t possibly play with them all.  I'm not sure she even knows what she has.  Years ago the snugglies overwhelmed the tub I put in her room to contain them.  Today I decided that it was time to deal with them because they were taking over her room.  Here is what we started with.  

I didn’t count how many were there but as you can see, it is too many.  My only rule for the reduction was that everything had to fit into the tub.  I did make a concession for the Build-A-Bears and her beloved Pooh bear that is huge.  Those were automatically keepers, but everything else had to fit in the tub.  In the end, I took out two kitchen size trash can bags of stuffed animals which is about a 2/3 reduction in stuffed animals.  Here are the animals who made the cut.


Now if I can keep her grandparents (specifically her Nana) from repopulating the snugglies. . . Christmas is only 4 months away so I better start laying the groundwork for a stuffed animal free Christmas today.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you take them? We're not quite to your level but we have stuffed animal loving nanas too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't taken them anywhere yet. I took them out of her room but am holding on to them just in case Morgan has purger's remorse. I am willing to let her swap out if necessary. I picked out a few to go to Duck Duck Goose but they will only accept ten. The rest I will probably take to Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete