Saturday, March 19, 2011

Found Treasures

I love it when I discover something that I either forgot I had or I have a new use for.  As I have embarked on the great clean out of 2011, I have found all sorts of things that we forgot we had.  Many of them ended up at Goodwill or the trash; however, occasionally I have stumbled onto something of use.

We added a digital SLR to our collection of electronics about 18 months ago.  I love our camera and am enjoying learning how to take better pictures.  In the process, we have acquired new gear as needed to explore the craft.  As part of our great clean out, I dove into the old (film) camera stuff we still have shoved into a seldom used closet.  I remember looking through this stuff when we bought the DSLR.  At that point, I was so overwhelmed with what I didn’t know that I did not really appreciate what we had or how I would use it.  Now I have had a lot of time to play with the camera and look for ways to improve,.  So I went through our old stuff again, and found a lot of useful stuff - five new (to me) filters and two lens hoods.  The value of what I found in the closet is about $250 if I bought it new.  And I got it for free just by going through our closet!  I’m looking forward to taking our “new” treasures out for a spin this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment