Sunday, March 6, 2011

Organization is contagious

Since I have zealously embarked on the re-organization and de-cluttering task, lots of stuff has changed around here.  One, there is less stuff and we’re looking for ways to continue the trend.  My daughter’s room has been the focus of some recent organizational mini-tasks.  I added some plastic drawer bins in her closet and labeled them with my trusty Brother P-Touch label maker.  She likes that she knows where to find her doll clothes and other items. I am quite sure that she is absorbing some cleaning and organization lessons although I have not made a serious effort to teach her.  Case in point, she bought herself a couple of Barbie dolls recently.  We liberated the Barbies from the cardboard, rubber bands and plastic and found that not only do we have two new Barbies, we have about a dozen other plastic accessories many of which are tiny.  I told her that we needed to make sure that we keep all the pieces together.  She replied, “I need a box for my Barbies, and you can put a label on it.”  Exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment